Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Hobbies

My hobbies, include sewing, tatting, knitting, showing cats and training our Rottweiler, Deuce.

Now for my favorite subject showing cats.

I have an American Shorthair by the complete name of Sharupa's Cuddles. she was born on September 15, 1997.

Cuddles is the last of my breeding. She is a brown tabby and white and quite a lovebug.

I will be showing her in TICA Dec. 31st, 2006

I will be seeing all of my friends.

You do not need a registered cat to show in any cat organization, but TICA is more HHP, House Hold Pet friendly.

TICA you can register House Hold Pets, but to show they have to be spayed or neutered when they are adults. You can make points and can grand, double, triple and Supreme Grand House Hold Pets, in TICA where CFA you can show House Hold Pets, which are spayed and/or neutered, but not declawed. You do not get points or grand house hold pets when showing CFA. This is another reason why I like TICA.

Your cat is in a cage in what is called the benching area, this is what I call one of the show areas. People going passed to look at the cats in the decorated or, your own Sturdi Cage are called spectators. The second part of the show are the vendors. These are people that have clothes, toys, jewelry, cat food samples and cat food for sale. That and most important part of the show are the judges.

The one day show I am going to has 5 judges in the morning and 5 judges in the afternoon.

I call cat shows like this a 12 ring show, you have 10 judges and each judge will see the cats in a different way, so that is 10 shows. The vendors are the 11th and the exhibitors, the ones showing the cats are the 12th.

The link below will take you to the TICA show rules and there the ribbons and points will be explained.

http://www.tica.org/html/english/cats/shows.php

Showing cats is a love hate relationship (IMOP), you either love it or hate it. There is no inbetween. I personally enjoy showing cats. You make new friends and see old friends.

I know there are a lot of shows on Sunday as well as on Saturday. I like going to church but if showing on Sunday, I take my Bible into the showhall, read a few scriptures and pray. We know God is everywhere and sees everything.

Sharon









No comments: