Sunday, August 2, 2009

I was taken back to the ER after just being home not quite a week from Select Care.

Seems I decided to have a bout of Congestive Heart Failure after my Open Heart Surgery at the end of March.

I was then sent to Lakeview Rehab Center in Waterford, WI. Where I was told I was a normal person.

Most of the time the floor I was on received only patients that had head injuries and still on ventilators and still with stomas. I did not have any of that, just a lot of weakness in my left leg.

I decided to join in some of the activities at this rehab center so I would not become so bored and lonely without my hubby.

One night playing BINGO, not sure who brought up the subject, but God looking out for us was brought up.

One gentleman in particular sticks out in my mind even now, because he stated God abandoned him.

I told him that God does not abandon His children sometimes His children abandon him.

I went on to state that regardless of what has happened God still loves you and He wants you back.

The whole room went silent, and this man looked at me with tears in his eyes.

The BINGO caller told the room she could not have said it better and thanked me for opening up.

This gentleman when ever I saw him had a smile on his and was acting differently, or so I was told.

I am not sure to this day if he accepted Christ back into his heart, but I am inclined to believe he did.

The Lord said he wasn't through with me yet and I know he isn't.

Do I quote scriptures, no, do I read the Bible or listen to the Bible, yes.

I do have a couple of verses memorized.

I have accepted Jesus into my heart back when I was in the 8th grade of school and like the gentleman at Lakeview I drifted away from God and now I am back and I love Him more and more.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Sharon L. Schuckman
sharupac@yahoo.com

No comments: